- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
ARK Therapeutic manufactures the Grabber® in the USA! It's constructed out of medical grade, FDA compliant materials that contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. It's also molded out of one solid piece of material with no holes or crevices that could harbor saliva or bacteria.
Caution: although these chew tools are made out of sturdy, medical grade materials, they are not indestructible. Some individuals (particularly those with heavy oral needs and aggressive biting/chewing) may be able to damage the tools. Please supervise at all times and replace if necessary when the item shows signs of wear and tear
Available in the following strength:
ARK's Grabber® - the original and most popular chew tool that's soft and chewy. Use it to exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw, allowing the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration.
ARK's Grabber XT® - an "Xtra Tough" version of the regular grabber. It's made out of a firmer material recommended for individuals who exert more jaw pressure, but it's still chewy and resilient.
ARK's Grabber XXT®- the toughest oral motor chew tool recommended for avid chewers. XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough!" The material is even firmer than the popular Grabber XT® but still resilient with enough "give" to allow for therapeutic chewing.